- Is owned and operated by Lou, W1QJ, the 'QRO King'
- Specializes in the conversion of HF amps to single band 6 meter amplifiers
- Many years of careful R&D goes into EACH of our various conversion
- All conversions are carefully planned and subsequently executed following
well established electrical engineering standards and practices
- All these elements result in a very stable converted amplifiers with 'silky
- Uses all quality parts that are rated beyond the capability of the amplifier itself
- Has a large supply of amplifier repair parts for sale! If you need any parts send
us an e-mail and we’ll see if we can help you!
- Does ALL amplifier repairs! Contact us if you need any repair work!
CONVERTING HF AMPS TO 6 METERS - OUR EXPERIENCE:
Many popular HF amps lend themselves very well to conversion
- The most popular and best performing all around amplifier for conversion
is the Heathkit SB-220/1 series
- Other units that convert well are the Amp Supply LK-500 and LK-450,
Heathkit SB-1000 and the Ameritron AL-80, AL-80A, and AL-80B
- Higher power amplifiers such as the Ameritron AL-82, the AL-1500 and the
Dentron DTR-2000L are great for those who require lots of power!
YOUR OPTIONS FOR A KING CONVERSIONS AMP FOR 6 METERS:
- Buy a “ready to go plug and play” 6 meter amplifier from us!
- We will have made ALL repairs to the core amplifier
- Each amp is carefully checked out for proper operation and cleaned,
converted and tested before shipping
- Our inventory changes often, so we may or may not have core amplifiers
for conversion at any given moment
- We do take orders if you want us to supply the core amplifier. Your
conversion order will be filled as we get the specified core amplifier!
- Supply a core HF amplifier to us for conversion!
- We charge a bench time fee for any needed repairs to your supplied core
amplifier and a standard conversion fee for that particular amplifier
- Many customers buy amplifiers on Ebay or on swap nets and have them
shipped directly to us for conversion to save on a shipping charge!
SEE OUR CURRENTLY STOCKED AMPLIFIER LIST FOR
AMPS AVAILABLE NOW!
- There is no deposit required to be put on the “wait list” for a particular amplifier,
however if you are on the "wait list", please follow through!